Sunday, June 24, 2012

Not a fan

We had a bit of a challenging week this week. We found out Monday that 2 (of the 4) teachers in Kasper's room suddenly quit. It was pretty jarring to us and I think it affected Kasper as well.

Before the wheels fell off, Kasper was so silly Monday night. He was having a great time jumping up on the couch and playing "ni ni" (night night).
DSC_0569.jpg
DSC_0574.jpg
DSC_0607.jpg

I also caught this video of him looking through the Hungry Caterpillar book. He was looking for the cheese apparently.


The directors of the Center took a couple days to fill the vacant spots and it was chaos in his room until about Wednesday. In the midst of the transition, Kasper didn't take his afternoon nap and was a mess when we got home after work. Wednesday he sobbed and sobbed for about 45 minutes when we got home. He didn't want to sit on my lap but he wanted to be sitting on my lap, he wanted a banana but didn't want to eat or drink. I finally got him to eat a cracker.
DSC_0623.jpg
DSC_0626.jpg
DSC_0628.jpg
(His cheeks were all red from crying and he apparently didn't have the energy to sit upright.)
DSC_0684.jpg
DSC_0686.jpg
Check out those amazing baby eyelashes.

The evening turned around after dinner and playing with Papa and a bowl and spoon.
6.12 K bowl

Thursday the Center was closed a half day for staff development. All week I was thinking of fun things we could do with our free afternoon but after Wednesday evening, I decided we would go home and take a nap. First we went out for lunch, just the 2 of us.
Untitled
Kasper was the perfect eating companion. He was a good boy.

We went home and played a bit then played more "ni ni."
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
What a treat that was.

So Kasper went down for a nap and he slept THREE HOURS. He needed his sleep! I was so glad I just decided to go home instead of dragging him around town. When he woke up, he decided he was scared of ceiling fans. This fear would come into play all weekend.
DSC_0730.jpg
DSC_0731.jpg

Again, things are looking up with a meal.
6.12 dinner faces

Yesterday morning we got up early, Steph and Tim came over and we all hopped in the car, grabbed coffee and doughnuts and headed down to Sioux Falls. Kasper did really well for the 4 hour trip. I was nervous. He did a little sleeping, a little snacking and a little playing.
Untitled
(When we were little we would always have Mom wake us up or just remind us when we were going by the South Dakota sign. I guess I really liked it! And due to a detour we had to take a different road to my Grandma's and drove by Mr. Bendo - another favorite Sioux Falls memory from childhood.)

We got to Grandma's, walked inside and Kasper was instantly paralyzed in fear because of the ceiling fan in the living room. Like clinging to me, face buried in my neck, completely still. Terrified. He could go in the dining and look at the fan but he would not.go.near.the.fan. He was also able to open and close a cabinet a million times so that was lucky.
DSC_0758.jpg

We had a family reunion yesterday evening at a park near Grandma's. It was a beautiful night. Kasper spent most of his time trying to keep up with my cousin's kiddos. It was really the first time we've seen him play with friends. They all played so nice together.
Untitled
Playing "ni ni" with a deflated bounce house in the park. We have a big kid now. *sob*
Untitled

So, we got home, scrubbed Kasper down with a pressure washer and got him off to bed. He fell right to sleep without realizing there was a ceiling fan in our room. At around 11:30 he realized there was a ceiling fan in our room. From 11:30-2 am Kasper was wide awake and fretting about this fan. He would lay down for a minute then sit up and worry about the fan. Repeat. Add some giggling because he was in our bed. Ugh. It was the worst. At 2 he finally decided he would rather be sleeping but that room wasn't going to work. Rob was on the way downstairs to bring K outside and met my Mom on the stairs. She took over and apparently Kasper slept. In fact, he was still sleeping at 7 when we got up. It felt like having a newborn again.

Of course he was bright eyed and bushy tailed. My Grandma has a beautiful yard. Lots to look at!
DSC_0764.jpg
DSC_0765.jpg
DSC_0768.jpg
DSC_0771.jpg
DSC_0774.jpg
Black walnut!
DSC_0781.jpg
Here's old Lewis and Clark headed West.

This morning we went to a baby shower for my cousin Dawn. Kasper fell asleep on the 3 minute drive back to Grandma's and was just exhausted. I got him out of the car and laid him on the couch where he was OUT.
DSC_0788.jpg
I have to mention that he has since made peace with the ceiling fan. Why he couldn't have done this before 11:30 last night I don't know.

As he had a quick cat nap we loaded the car and waited for everyone to return from their morning plans. We made a stop on the way out of town to meet the original Kasper. It was a warm sunny day today, I know my Grandpa was loving it.
DSC_0802.jpg

Kasper ended up sleeping over half of the way home. I'm so glad the drives went well. I was nervous. Grandpa Steve and Carol stayed at our house to watch Lois so we had dinner with them when we got home.

Next week I'm off to San Francisco for a few days! Hopefully all goes smoothly.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP