Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer is the best

So far, this summer really has been the best! Hopefully we're doing a good job of balancing things we have to do with things we want to do.

One evening after dinner Rob and Kasper retired to the living room for some guy talk. Does Kasper look adorable sitting in his chair? I thought so too.
DSC_0017.jpg
DSC_0019.jpg
DSC_0023.jpg
When having a conversation with Kasper, talk will almost always turn to his classmates. I think he was naming them here.

One night Kasper was entertaining us with fish lips and other assorted faces.
6.12 K faces
DSC_0038.jpg

Then he wanted to try my lime.
DSC_0055.jpg
DSC_0060.jpg
DSC_0061.jpg
Even with a reaction like that, he soldiered on and ate a bit of the lime.

Funny video of Kasper's new laugh.


Grandpa Steve brought Kasper a Mexico soccer kit from their last trip to Mexico. He wore it to school one day and his teachers LOVED it! I guess he was the talk of the Center that day!
DSC_0080.jpg
DSC_0084.jpg
DSC_0107.jpg
DSC_0111.jpg
DSC_0115.jpg
DSC_0154.jpg

This picture is random but makes me smile. Isn't that how we all feel at the end of a long day?
DSC_0159.jpg

Since it was so nice out we headed to the Landscape Arboretum. Like always, I guess. The roses were AMAZING while my favorites, the peonies, were on their way out. The lady slippers are also not to be missed.
6.9.12 Arb flowers
6.9.12 lady slipper
DSC_0196.jpg
DSC_0202.jpg
(He was actually enjoying himself)
DSC_0210.jpg

Batting at all the plants
DSC_0219.jpg
DSC_0232.jpg
DSC_0247.jpg

Last night we had lots of fun playing around here. I tied a dish towel around Kasper's neck as his cape. He LOVED it!
DSC_0381.jpg
DSC_0379.jpg
I was even able to capture his latest trick. He moves his little stool around the house to reach places he's not allowed. Here he's made it to the kitchen.
6.12 K stool-2
Then he pushed it over to the sliding door (which he's normally unable to reach.)
6.12 K stool
Side note - that's a pre-existing stain on the dish towel. Fear not.

This morning Rob went for a bike ride, Kasper and I ran to Target then after K's nap we headed over to my sister's apartment to lounge in the pool a bit. It was something like 94 degrees today so the pool felt great! Kasper does so well in the water. We just have to keep sticking him in the pool so he can be nice and comfortable swimming.

I'll end with a pic of Kasper in his jammies tonight. The Great White Bias Tape Hunt of 2012 brought me to Wal-mart. On my way back to the sewing stuff I happened upon these pjs and HAD to get them. Kasper just loves Elmo and sure enough he drug these things around all day until it was bedtime. So proud.
Untitled

Ok! Time to get Rob and me a slice of fresh strawberry pie I made this weekend. Delish!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP