Kasper: 17 months
Dear Kasper -
What the heck!? You are dangerously close to a year and a half old. If I thought the first year went fast, the last 5 months have been nothing. I think it's because you are becoming your own little person and are someone I actually have fun with instead of just care for.
You have interests that include but are not limited to: cars, being outside, swinging, playing with the dog, reading books, going fast and playing hide and seek. Since the weather has been so nice, you spend A LOT of time outside. It really doesn't matter what your'e doing as long as you can be out in the great outdoors. You are constantly exploring which has been fun. We have to get you to learn the word "bug" because you call them doggies.
You are also into shoes lately. Changing your own shoes throughout the day. Taking your shoes off and putting on a pair of ours. Shoes are hot. And you don't call them shoes, you call them zapatos.
I recently read a book about French parenting and I don't know if it was what I read or if you're just getting better but you EAT now. Really eat and not just crackers and milk. The other night I made spaghetti and meatballs and you and I went meatball for meatball. I've cracked down on snacking and making special meals for you and you have risen to the challenge and are developing a pretty adventurous palate. I'm so glad.
(First popsicle of the summer. Must've been a little sour.)
You still have 2 teeth (broken record) but I see the top 4 teeth working their way down. I've seen them for weeks but they still haven't broken through. Aren't you going to look different with an instant mouthfull of teeth??
Sleep is sleep. Your bedtime routine remains the same and you are still a wonderful sleeper. Sometimes on the weekend you'll even sleep in until after 8! You aren't sure whether you want to drop the second nap or not. You'll go a week at daycare taking one nap then the next you're taking 2 long ones. Same thing at home. When you start in the toddler room this summer you'll only be offered 1 nap so I hope that goes well.
Your speech has exploded this month. I've lost count of the words you can say and understand. You are squarely in the bilingual category, which I am really enjoying, with a little sign language thrown in there. You sign less and less as you learn more words. Some of your most often used phrases get a little something extra at the end - Uh oh car, come back car, bye car. You can call us Mama and Papa and can name 5 of your classmates (even when you're sitting at home). Your teachers are very impressed.
You really are a wonderful little boy. I know I'm your Mama and am a little biased but you are just so much fun to be around. You are silly and happy and polite and social. You don't throw many tantrums and when you do they don't last long. You can definitely have your whiny moments but even those are lessening.
We love you bub!
Love, Mama
0 comments:
Post a Comment