Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hello winter!

Well, I dropped the ball in posting about the house project we tackled last weekend. Oops! Since you're probably dying of suspense...

Rob set up a scaffolding system over the stairway
DSC_0499.jpg
and I stenciled that big weird wall over the stairs!
DSC_0504.jpg

I don't have a good picture of what the wall looked like before (bad blogger) but here's where it is now!
DSC_0656.jpg
In fact, we've added some artwork and shelves since then so it's even changed from last weekend. We LOVE it! It gives that wall something it really needed.

Speaking of projects, I haven't been good about writing about them on here. Our entry area was pretty boring when we moved in. I think they had a grandfather clock or something in that weird cutout but we couldn't figure out what to do with the space.
DSC_0341

We turned it into a cute entry with hooks for coats and cubbies for shoes.
DSC_0657.jpg
(Lois was obviously following me around as I snapped pics)

I also found a little hutch I liked on Craigslist and painted it.
DSC_0660.jpg
DSC_0663.jpg

I need to go around the house and look at all the updates.

Ok! This week flew by! I didn't pick up the camera all week. Boo. I did catch Kasper being silly on Friday night. He's moved from asking for his pants to be removed to taking off his own shirt after dinner.
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0016.jpg

He also did some dancing. Notice he actually sings the words! He's getting into music now. I can say that his favorite song is Home by Phillip Phillips. He smiles and cheers when it comes on the radio and loves to sing along. This happened to be another favorite of his from Mumford & Sons.


Yesterday morning Rob did a long bike ride while Kasper and I ran errands. Does it look like Rob had a good time??
DSC_0020.jpg
DSC_0025.jpg
He was filthy!

He curled up with a little boy that missed him before even jumping in the shower.
DSC_0033.jpg
DSC_0043.jpg
Kasper is super big into reading books again. He likes to have the same book read to him a number of times in a row. I think he's trying to learn the words. Oh! You can see what we've added to that back wall in these.

My parents came down last night so Rob and I could go out to dinner with our friends Pete and Anna. We left the kids at home and went to eat at Craftsman. It was a WONDERFUL meal - both the food and the company. We even stopped for a nightcap at Harriet Brewery before heading home to relieve the babysitters and stood OUTSIDE to drink our beers. It was a beautiful day here yesterday afternoon and evening. We're talking 70 degrees! It snowed today and is 24 right now.

This morning I heard Rob get out of bed to get the baby. He came back to our bed laughing with a freezing boy in only a diaper! Kasper took off his own pj's! Rob tried to get him re-dressed but he just wanted to read.
DSC_0048.jpg
DSC_0057.jpg
Hahahahaha!

Going out to get the newspaper and discovering the joy of pockets.
11.11.12 K vest

I found a little stool this weekend and put it in the bathroom so Kasper could wash his own hands. I think he washed them about 100 times today.
DSC_0102.jpg
DSC_0112.jpg

We ran some errands this morning including a stop at Costco to test out the 3D tvs.
Untitled

Then Kasper played with his train. He is pretty big into trains now. Or at least this train. He loves to put the cars together and run them around then take them apart. Many hours of fun with this - thanks Grandpa Steve!
DSC_0120.jpg
DSC_0117.jpg
DSC_0133.jpg

It was a fun weekend! We need these slow weekends to recharge sometimes. Hope everyone had a great weekend as well!

2 comments:

Erin November 11, 2012 at 9:30 PM  

Love the wall stencil!

Mattson Family November 18, 2012 at 9:49 AM  

Your house looks so warm and cozy! Beautiful job. Love the stencil!

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP