Done and Done
Another week gone! I say that every Sunday but I'm always so shocked at how fast time flies.
We had a good week! Here are some glimpses into our week.
Turns out Kasper LOVES soup. He loves it so much he wanted his bib put back on to share Papa's tomato soup.
Soup 'stache!
Here was bedtime one night. Everyone wanted up on Mama's lap. So silly, right?
Making funny faces in the mirror.
Kasper has had a cough for a couple weeks that wasn't going away so I decided to take him in to the Dr. I picked him up at the tail end of snack time. He drinks water from a little cup! (and apparently shares a strong resemblance with a classmate)
Kasper weighed in at a whopping 24 lbs. That's up 2 lbs in 4 months.
Kasper had a test done for Pertussis and was put on antibiotics. The Dr. didn't really know what it was but based on his symptoms felt that antibiotics were best. He had been coughing all day long but that has really gone away with a couple days on the rx.
A couple other new things this week to remember:
- Kasper's favorite song is "Home" by Phillip Phillips. He sings along and taps out the beat!
- When I picked him up from daycare one day he ran up to me and said "Mama's coming." I guess he was waiting for me to get there and his teachers were reassuring him.
- Finally, we have the word YES! "No" is not the default answer anymore. Funny because he for sure uses them correctly. I don't know why yes is so much later than no.
- We have arrived at the flailing on the floor, screaming tantrums stage. Hold me.
We met some friends for breakfast yesterday morning. Their baby was born in August and we still hadn't met him yet! We told Kasper that Bjorn is a baby so he repeated that a lot. "Bjorn is baby."
My Mom came down and Steph came over and we knocked out a couple big house projects yesterday. We had hired someone to take care of the leaves in the yard but the day we were expecting him he called and canceled! We were stuck with the leaves again. We tackled the back yard while Kasper was napping and finished with 40 bags of mulched leaves. Less than last year!
Learning to blow bubbles was a fun new thing. (Pants off = after dinner)
(if you look closely you can see a bubble beard)
This morning we were all up at 6 am. Thanks daylight savings time! Good thing it was a lazy morning.
One of the sounds that totally reminds me of my childhood is my Dad polishing his shoes. Takes me right back. Kasper had fun watching Rob polish his.
The kids. I did not stage these.
I got a couple cute videos today. First is Kasper counting. He can count to 10 no problem. New this week - counting to 20! With some help.
Also a little bit of the alphabet and a while lot of silly toddler.
Watching back the videos.
Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'll write again later this week with the second home project we knocked out this weekend. Stay tuned!
0 comments:
Post a Comment