My quotable kid
Our first full week back to work! And we survived! It even went fast. I managed to get a couple pics off Kasper's digital camera. He has quite the eye, doesn't he??
We started the week with a visit to the Dr. for Kasper's 2 year appointment. He has fun playing in the waiting room but as soon as we made our way to the exam room he started to cry and assert that the room was "scary." The nurse seemed surprised he used that word. He cried when the Dr. came in but after we started talking he got more comfortable and galloped around the room chatting and singing. First time that's happened! The main talking point at the appointment was his weight. Of course.
First the stats:
Weight: 23 lb - 3.2%
Length: 35" - 66.3%
Head: 18.25" - 5.5%
Basically holding steady with length and head size but falling again in weight. He only gained ONE pound in the last 6 months. ONE POUND. My heart sank. Our pediatrician continues to be level headed and positive which I appreciate. I actually started to feel better about it when I learned Rob was 24 pounds and I was 26 when we were 2. Still, I hate thinking that he's just not gaining weight! The next checkup is supposed to be at 3 years but we'll be going back at 2.5 to check how things are going.
Moving on...
The rest of the week was low key as was the weekend. Rob and Kasper went to swimming lessons yesterday while I stayed home. I guess it went VERY well! Kasper participated and even enjoyed himself! I was so happy to hear that. I know he loves the water! Kasper strictly adheres to a 1 pm naptime lately so any activities we do have to be between breakfast and 12 to allow time for lunch. It's sort of limiting but he really needs the sleep and asks and asks until we head home.
Lois is so wonderful with him.
We all slept in today - until after 8 am! It felt good at the time but it sure eats into our activity window! We had thought about going to do something fun but by the time we were done with breakfast at 10:30 it wasn't really worth going anywhere. We just played around the house.
Kasper is constantly asking Rob to "play toys". It can mean many things, but usually it means playing with his trains on the train track.
In an effort to do at least one fun thing today, we went to Caribou before going to the grocery store. Kasper loves "hot tawkyit" so we made time for that.
(Someone needs another haircut. I just have to work up the courage.)
Since I'm still playing catch-up from all the X-mas and birthday stuff, I haven't gotten around to writing about the funny things Kasper has been saying lately. It's such a treat to hear him really talk. Often times I have no idea where he hears what he says! It's hilarious!
- Looking at pictures of himself on our phones, he calls that boy "Doo Doo". No idea.
- I had a runny nose and every time I sniffed he would look very concerned and ask "Wha happened Mama??"
- Saying things are "silly"
- "Get down" or "come on" when he wants you to follow him somewhere. Said like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- "Look at me!!" - self explanatory and one of the most adorable things ever
- "Yes." - he used to always say "Yep" and "Nope" but now he answers "Yes" very seriously while nodding his head.
- Tim - my Dad's name as well as Steph's boyfriend. It's the name Kasper gives to any toy or picture of a man in any book. I'm starting to wonder if since most men he knows are named Tim, maybe he thinks that's just the word for "person"??
- "No laundry!" - Kasper doesn't want his clothes to go in the laundry when they are taken off. I'm not quite sure where this fear is coming from. If he gets his hands on clothes before I can get them into the laundry he carries them around and won't let go.
One last thing - as I kissed the boys on their way out the door (while enjoying a cup of joe) Kasper said "I'm kissing Mama's coffee". Hahahahaha! Loud and clear buddy.
Well, I think that's a random enough post for tonight! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Check back this week for a birthday post! (2 weeks later. NBD.)
0 comments:
Post a Comment