Sunday, December 29, 2013

One week: check, Part 2

Ok, where was I? I made it to Thursday in the previous post. The day after Christmas Day.

A good friend of mine stopped by in the morning to meet Marlo.
DSC_0047-001.jpg

After a late breakfast we loaded both kids into the car and met more friends for lunch! The Mooneys live in the Seattle area and it had been awhile since we'd seen them. In fact, it was our first time meeting their little boy who turned 1 in November! The kids were well behaved and it was fun to get out of the house a bit.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

While Kasper napped, Rob and Marlo caught some shut eye as well.
Untitled
Untitled
DSC_0060-001.jpg
DSC_0064-001.jpg

Haha! Marlo was smiling for my Mom.
Untitled

We headed home after Kasper's nap. To face the real world. Both kids did awesome on the drive again. Kasper asked to make silly faces to the little boy on my phone.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

We had a nice dinner and got Kasper down to bed at a reasonable time. It was a little weird that Marlo was almost a week old but we still hadn't really been at home yet. I tried out my new sling while Rob and I got the house straightened up and gifts put away. I never really got into the Moby because I didn't think I could tie it well enough. The sling is much easier and she hung out in there for 2 hours without a peep!
Untitled
Untitled

Friday - Marlo's one week birthday! - we had our newborn pictures done with Gina. We had to keep Marlo awake so she would be nice and sleepy for Gina. Notice her belly button fell off already! Kasper's held on for 12 days or something and hers was off on day 6.
Untitled
Untitled
DSC_0153-001.jpg
DSC_0164-001.jpg
DSC_0125.jpg
DSC_0116-001.jpg
DSC_0098-001.jpg
DSC_0130.jpg


Gina came and did her magic while Kasper sat quietly and read for about 20 minutes. Just check out that mess!
Untitled

The modeling sure took a lot out of the poor baby.
Untitled

Friday night was the first night Marlo didn't do her sleeping on my chest. She did pretty well! 3 hours, then milk, then another 3 hours. Soon we'll try to move her over to her rock and play sleeper but at this point she is very much not interested.
Untitled

So that was Marlo's first week! A busy one! I'll do my best to keep up the old blog but to be honest, it's been hard to find the time and there are SO MANY THINGS I want to share.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! Next up for the Williams - a little boy turns 3.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP