Family
Another short week that seemed to last forever.
Monday morning


This is totally Marlo's new face for expressing her displeasure with something.
Marlo did pretty well in the evenings this week so that was fun for everyone.


I think she really likes being able to sit at the table with the rest of us.





Thursday morning was my Grandpa's funeral in Southern MN. We ended up dropping the kids off at daycare and heading down. I'm glad we did that because I got to mourn with my family and participate. It was sad feeling the finality of his death and it was especially sad seeing my Grandma dealing with it. She's a very tough woman and I have never seen her so sad. I use that word a lot but it's the perfect word. It was sad. My Grandpa was 89 years old and struggling with Alzheimer's Disease. He had lived a long, full life and in that respect it wasn't so unexpected. He died a pretty unexpected and tragic death resulting from a serious fall, so the circumstances of his death are weighing on my mind almost as much as the fact that he passed. If that makes sense. The first thing my Grandma said to me was how happy he was he got to meet Marlo and see us all those shorts weeks ago. He couldn't remember Marlo as Marlo but he would talk about "that baby" and her eyes so it's a comfort to me that he knew her. Anyway, it was so wonderful that almost the entire family made it for the funeral but too bad it took a funeral to get all the Kellers together again. Thankfully we'll all be together again in 3 weeks at Steph's wedding.
After the funeral some of the cousins headed over to the high school to check out the hall of fame where 4 of the 5 brothers have been inducted.


After we got home and got the kids, Steph and Tim came over for a BBQ. It was a beautiful night so we decided to run over to DQ so Kasper could cash in one of his "helmet tickets." As we pulled into the parking lot there were 2 EMTs eating ice cream in their ambulance. They rolled down the window and talked to Kasper as he was awed by being so close to an ambulance. As we were eating our ice cream a couple fire fighters sat down next to us to enjoy some cool treats. (Side note - obviously a slow night as far as emergencies go in Minnetonka.) When they were done they offered to show Kasper their truck which was parked across the street. At first he said no! He can be so cautious sometimes! He finally agreed to go have a look. The fire fighters were SO nice! They had little plastic helmets for kids and opened every door so we could have a look inside. Eventually there was a small crowd gathered around the truck.




Friday I had an appointment with a hand specialist. I'm sure everyone has been dying for a wrist update. I've been going to PT for about 5 weeks now and the therapist wanted a second opinion. She was pretty sure we were still dealing with De Quervain's but I'm not getting mobility back in my left thumb. She's been doing this for 20 years and said this is the worst case she's ever seen and unlike anything she's seen before. Awesome. The hand therapist confirmed the initial diagnosis and commented on what a bad case it is. I guess it's just going to take a LOT of time and therapy. Better than some weird hand paralysis.
I put Marlo in her crib (sitting up) Friday evening and found her like this. Why do babies insist on growing up so fast?? At least she didn't realize she could stand.






I mean, come on.
We played in bed yesterday morning. Kasper likes to play "who is bigger." It's always him. Marlo is just happy to be included. Seriously, when Kasper pays attention to her she squeals with delight.

We were thinking of going for a walk Saturday morning but it kept threatening rain. Eventually Kasper begged for a bike ride and Marlo for a nap.


Marlo trying a peach. I gave her a slice and she destroyed it. She banged it on her tray until it basically liquified and then sucked on it. Learning to eat is so silly.

During nap time, Rob left for an overnight disc golf thing. I had to deal with the crazies all evening. Luckily Kasper decided he would watch The Lego Movie so we made popcorn and watched with him! After the movie we just had to stay alive until dinner. Marlo sobs the second I walk out of her view. It's very annoying.

She can be having a great time but if I leave the room, forget about it.
I eventually got Kasper to entertain her for a few minutes while I reheated some left overs for dinner.


He totally did this on his own. Is there anything cuter?? I thought she was going to get a guitar to the face at the end but no one was hurt.
I finally took a picture of Kasper's forehead after dinner. I don't know why he presses his cup so hard on his head.

Bathtime is super fun now that Marlo sits!



Rob was back this morning by the time we all woke up.

It was a BEAUTIFUL morning so we basically got up and out for doughnuts. After breakfast we headed over to a cool gravel trail to do some walking and biking. It really was an amazing morning.







We saw a hummingbird sitting on a branch! It was sooooo tiny! Somehow there was totally a viewing station right there so we could get a close up look at him.







We came home for lunch and naps. Rob and I got to watch the first half of the World Cup final game before the kids woke up. We spent the evening taking turns playing cars outside with Kasper and soothing a still super sleepy Marlo. We met Steve and Carol at The Malt Shop for dinner. It had been a long time since we had been there and it was fun! The kids were SUPER well behaved which makes for a pleasant evening. Even Miss Marlo behaved herself!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
0 comments:
Post a Comment