Sunday, July 6, 2014

So happy, so sad

Wow. Usually I think weeks fly by and the Sundays are all piled on one another. This week seemed to have taken months. Funny how that happens.

Marlo didn't perk up Monday so she stayed home with Grandma Viv. I went to work thinking I'd come home over lunch. When I called my Mom, Marlo's fever hadn't returned and she had started to perk up. I decided to stay and wait to hear how her nap went. Marlo ended up taking a 3+ hour nap and waking up her normal self. Her runny nose and watery eyes were all but gone, her fever was gone, she was happy. It's still a mystery to me what the problem was but I called to reschedule her 9 month appt because I had it scheduled on a Friday before a weekend we have plans and if she gets sick from shots I'd like it to be when we have nothing going on.
DSC_0004.jpg
7.1.14 Marlo

We got outside weather permitting. I am always happy to see the bluebirds coming and going.
DSC_0162.jpg
DSC_0136.jpg
Kasper has been dividing his time between his balance bike and training wheel bike. He's getting much better at riding the pedal bike but still gets frustrated when he can't get it going.

The kids went to daycare on Thursday but it turns out the Center was mostly empty! Everyone started the holiday weekend early. We woke up Friday morning with some snuggles. It's so cold in the basement Marlo always wears heavy pjs. It makes her extra huggable.
image

We packed everyone up and headed to Edina to meet Steph and Tim and Tim's family for the Edina parade. Tim's brother and sister-in-law have a little girl - Grace - who is Kasper's age.
7.4.14 K and R
7.4.14 K parade
DSC_0214.jpg
DSC_0221.jpg
DSC_0230.jpg
Kasper was all about watching the parade until he saw a clown in the parking lot. Then he wanted to go home.
DSC_0239.jpg
He did enjoy the military vehicles.
DSC_0248.jpg
Marlo slept until a fine engine blew its horn right next to her.
DSC_0267.jpg
7.4.14 J and M parade
DSC_0283.jpg

We left about halfway through upon much urging by Kasper. We headed home for lunch and naps then packed the car back up and continued to celebrate Independence Day. We swung by Eden Prairie's 4th of July party where a guy had done a 3D chalk drawing. I read about it and really wanted to go and see. I have always loved these and had never seen one in person.
DSC_0286.jpg
DSC_0291.jpg

Then on to Tim's family's house for a BBQ. Grace put a cape on Kasper upon our arrival. There was a another kiddo there too and the three "big" kids played well together, so that was a lot of fun.
image
image

After dinner we busted out the fireworks. It was past bedtime already but all the kids were holding it together surprisingly well. I was especially proud of Marlo.
DSC_0294.jpg
DSC_0296.jpg
7.4.14 K sparkler
7.4.14 K sparkler 2
image
This went well until Kasper touched the sparkler immediately after it burned out and totally burned his finger. Like instant blister. But he held an ice cube for a minute, and was back into the action!
DSC_0335.jpg

I love this picture. The kids had so much fun just running around.
DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg
DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg
7.4.14 Kids firework
7.4.14 Kids fireworks 2

We got home and into bed super late and made the call not to go see the big fireworks. The kids just needed to go to bed and honestly so did we!

We were up and moving again yesterday morning. Steph and I "surprised" Rob and Tim with a super car ride! Rob is a huge car guy and always has been. I saw that this group was in town and knew he would love it. They bring a couple Ferraris and Lamborghinis and you can pay to drive them around a track. Rob actually paid a little extra to drive both cars.
DSC_0377.jpg
7.5.14 Car logos

First they got in the passenger seat and an instructor drove a lap. As professionals, they opened up and gave a wild ride. After that lap, the guys got into the driver's seat and did 3 laps. Tim looks like a natural, right??
DSC_0424.jpg

Rob's turn. I guess this ride along was crazy. They were screeching all around the course.
DSC_0444.jpg
DSC_0458.jpg
DSC_0462.jpg

Then it was time for the Lambo. Going into it, Rob was more excited about the Ferrari but in the end it was the Lambo that was his favorite.
DSC_0466.jpg
DSC_0469.jpg

I took a video of Rob driving his last Lambo lap. It was pretty windy but if you listen closely you can hear the sound of the car.


image

We ran home for a (LATE) nap, woke up, packed up and headed out AGAIN. Of course this weekend Marlo decided she HATED the car seat or the car or some combination thereof and screamed non stop in the car. So terrible. We met our friends Anna, Pete and Jack at the beach! Kasper and Jack had tons of fun running in the lake and playing on the playground. We packed picnic dinners and were able to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful evening. We stopped for ice cream on the way to the car and Kasper demolished his own cone!

After 2 completely packed days we vowed to have no plans today. It was rainy and dark this morning so we had a nice slow breakfast and read the newspaper while Marlo took her first 2 hour nap of the day. Kasper and Rob ended up going on an adventure and out for burgers while Marlo and I hung out at home and she tried yogurt for lunch. Loved it, apparently.
7.6.14 M lunch

She took her second 2 hour nap and then we did some really nice playing in the sunroom. It's so fun to have her sit and play.
7.6.14 M playing
Doesn't she look weird with her hair like this??
DSC_0548.jpg

And now for the so sad… my Grandpa Keller passed away this afternoon. It was pretty sudden so I'm still in a little shock. We'll be heading down there at some point this week for the funeral. I wish I could give my Grandma a huge hug right now. I can't even explain how thankful I am that we got to see him a couple weeks ago and he got to meet Marlo. And we took pictures. Treasured photos for sure.
DSC_0049.jpg

So yeah. This weekend ran the gamut of emotions both really good and really, really bad. I'm looking forward to huddling with family this week and sharing some stories.

1 comments:

Erin July 6, 2014 at 9:03 PM  

Sorry about your Grandpa, Jess. :(

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP