Sunday, July 20, 2014

Marlo - 7 months

Baby Marlo - You are 7 months old today. You are closer to a one year old than to a newborn! How in the world did that happen?
DSC_0242-001 copy.jpg

Look at how you've grown!
7.19.14 Marlo 7 mo
Do you realize you started out as big as the little fox??

You are as sassy as ever. Your teachers now call you a little doll with attitude. Oh boy. You still demand to be with the other babies or in arms. The bigger kids are a little rough with you but you don't care at all (I mean, you have an older brother who is pretty liberal with the "hugs"). You like Mom best but are getting better at letting others hold you, even when I'm near by!
7.15.14 Marlo
DSC_0130-001.jpg

You are enamored with your brother. When he pays attention to you you squeal and flap your arms, barely able to contain the excitement. I hope you always feel lucky to have each other.
DSC_0088-001.jpg
DSC_0094-001.jpg
DSC_0101-001.jpg
DSC_0145-001.jpg
DSC_0153-001.jpg
DSC_0159-001.jpg

You sit now, which has given us some new flexibility with you. You have slightly more fun playing by yourself with toys but honestly the second we walk away you break into sobs. You can also sit in the tub which is tons of fun and keeps your eyes mostly free of water. You can move from sitting onto all fours but those stubborn arms and legs just don't quite work together to propel you forward. You can get one or 2 arm and leg crawls before switching into your own very unique style of movement. It's a mix of crawling, trying to get back into a sit, planking and falling. So inefficient and silly.

DSC_0112-001.jpg
DSC_0116-001.jpg
DSC_0117-001.jpg

You are such a good sleeper. Nothing much has changed there. A little milk after your bath then down to bed at 7:30. Lately you've been falling asleep while nursing which is really such a treat. If you're still awake you ask to just be put to bed. If you're asleep I can rock and snuggle you. You wake up less than half of the time, usually around 4 am. If your eyes are still closed I just give you your paci. If you are furiously gnawing your blanket I give you some milk. You sleep until around 7 am and are very content to play in your bed until I come down and get you. This is so funny because you can be awake and alone for up to a half hour or more in the mornings but once you're out of your bed, we maybe have 30 seconds before you get mad you're alone. You take 2-30 minute naps at daycare but 2 multi hour naps when you're at home. I've noticed you have a STRONG preference for your pack and play downstairs and don't sleep nearly as well anywhere else. You used to stay right where I put you and I would find you in the morning still under the covers. This week I've started to find you all over your crib every time I look at you. With some tummy sleeping thrown in there which is new.

DSC_0121-001.jpg
DSC_0149-001.jpg

You are an ok eater. You don't love veggies but eat tons of fruit. We're still doing a mix of whole food and puree pouches. In the last few days you've made some good progress with your pincer grip and can pick up bites and put them in your mouth. You've been drinking less milk at daycare now that you eat breakfast and lunch - about 13 ozs during the day.

DSC_0131-001.jpg
DSC_0136-001.jpg

You are still in size 2 diapers. I bet we could move you up soon. You are solidly in 3-6 month clothes. Funny story, Kasper came into the kitchen the other day wearing a pair of your shorts. They were pretty small but they FIT. I don't think you're going to be as small as he is.
DSC_0125-001.jpg

Still haven't made a decision about your hair. I can't cut it. Not yet. You are just the prettiest baby (even with the silly hair). Your eyes seem to be darkening just like your brothers'. His went from blue to grey and settling on hazel. Yours are a bluish grey at this point. You have a dimple in your right cheek and a huge whole-face smile.

DSC_0090.jpg
DSC_0155-001.jpg

We all adore you, Mugs. You are our favorite baby.

Love, Mama

P.S. That hair bow was a no go. You preferred to be in a bow tie.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP