Brrrrrrr
We're back on track!
First week back after the holidays and we made it. I even decided to throw swimming lessons in 2 nights a week and we made it.
I haven't included pictures from last Sunday night - we went on a nighttime hike! It was dark and really cold but SO much fun.



Kasper started his first "real" swimming lesson this week. The previous lessons have been more practicing being comfortable in the water. When K got to his lesson on Monday it was just him and an older kid who was maybe 8 or 9. That kid can dive and did it often. The teacher started the class with 10 head bobs. Kasper has never put his head under water on purpose ever before but I have to give him major props because he did it! He did 3 very frantic and messy but he did it! They did head bobs, kicking with a kick board and strokes. They aren't messing around! He's had 2 classes and is still really excited about it, thankfully.

He does turn an interesting shade of purple about midway through the class. He needs more body fat, I think, because it feels about 100 degrees in there. He warms up in the shower.

Tuesday was Rob's birthday! Grandma Sandra came down for lunch and took the boys out to Smashburger.

Rob makes a point of going for a bike ride every year on his birthday. Sometimes it's crazy how warm it is, sometimes it's crazy how cold it is! I think this year was pretty average.



I did the bath that night. Marlo is just so darn cute.










Tricks with Sissy. The kids are really into playing with Lois right now. They try so hard to get her to do tricks but she doesn't listen to them.


She will sit like this until you tell her to eat the treat. It's pretty impressive.
Cupcakes for Papa!





Swimming lessons day 2. The day where Kasper collected a ring from the bottom of the pool.

New robe!

Yesterday Kasper had a dentist appointment and a haircut while Marlo and I got groceries. Doesn't he look great?






The kids were quiet for about a half hour before lunch. They were reading so nicely in our room.


Yes Lois chewed a hole in her bed and ate it then puked it out later (months ago). No we haven't replaced it because she does weird stuff like that so we don't replace her stuff right away. No we didn't take our tomato plants out after they froze. Yes I prop the curtain up with a dowel. Yes our real life is very, very messy at all times.
My parents came down last night to watch the kids so we could join Steph & Tim for drinks at Tattersall and dinner at Restaurant Alma! We've been wanting to try Alma for YEARS but have never made it. It was delicious and I'm so glad we made the effort.
We stayed hunkered down at home all day today. It was just too cold to take the kids out though I'm sure they would've liked to let off some steam.
Getting ready to cheer the Vikings on!

Apparently standing outside for 5 seconds in -3 degree weather did nothing for the team's luck. Poor Blair Walsh.
Grandpa Steve and Carol came over for dinner and laps around the island. I think the kids will be ready for school tomorrow!







One last thing - if you've been around Marlo the last 2 weeks, this is one of the main things she says. Over and over and over. And we have no idea what she's saying! She says it in Spanish but in English it's "Teacher Hannah...... in the classroom." It's the weirdest thing.

Hope everyone had a great week!
0 comments:
Post a Comment