Sunday, January 17, 2016

Layin' It Down

This will be the shortest post I've ever done! I never picked up my regular camera and barely took out my phone. We had a busy week.

The kids went in for their well child visits. Marlo killed the waiting time drinking juice, which was awesome.
IMG_9422
IMG_9427

They are both growing like they should!
IMG_0681
IMG_0684
IMG_0693
IMG_0695
IMG_9433

The stats:

Marlo
Weight 24 lb 10 oz - 20%
Height 35" - 82%
Head size 18.5" - 34%

Kasper
Weight 37 lb 12 oz - 27%
Height 3' 8" - 74%
BMI 14 - 7%

Marlo is mostly holding steady and is a long and lean little girl. Kasper jumped 10% in the weight category and went from the 0.99% BMI to 7%. I'm going to believe it's the lactase allowing him to eat without pain. Finally. Kasper was surprised with 2 shots for kindergarten but he took it mostly ok. No shots for Marlo this time!

IMG_0705
IMG_0726

They went home with new books!

The rest of the week was swimming lessons, cold, just doing the bare minimum. My parents came down Friday for pizza and to squire the children back to St. Cloud for the weekend! After they were gone Steph and Tim were kind enough to stick around and help us move the furniture from the bedrooms and sunroom into the family room. We got a phone call Saturday morning at 7:40 waking us up to say that the carpet layers were on their way! We scrambled to get dressed and move the last of the furniture out of the way before the guys showed up a little after 8.

A couple befores
IMG_0739
IMG_0740
IMG_0741
The carpet that was in when we moved in was the WORST carpet I've seen. There were a couple spots where there wasn't any pile left! Just the glue back! Also it was totally wrinkled and stained and really bad quality. We finally pulled the plug to replace it. To be honest, the thought of disassembling 3 beds was a factor for putting it off.

Killing time while they worked!
IMG_9441
IMG_9443
It was kind of nice to have nothing to do and no where else to be but right in a pile of most of your crap. I finished the book I was reading, Rob took a nap. Not bad!

I did climb out of that nest to check out the original floors that are hiding under the carpet.
IMG_0744

Finished!
IMG_0755
IMG_0760
IMG_0762

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the downstairs bedroom which was the worst of the bunch. The walls were gold with green squares sponge painted as a border along the top of the wall and the carpet was greenish blue. It was bad. This is the best I have which shows the old wall color and carpet from when my parents were here helping paint. I don't think the sponge painting was documented.
IMG_9941

After
IMG_0764

Clearly trim is on the list for basically every room.

We spent yesterday and today running to IKEA for purchases and returns, groceries, Home Depot for paint. We did manage to go to a cute pub in Hopkins for dinner last night which was nice. It's not every day we have that kind of flexibility!

I think the kids had a great time in St. Cloud. Grandpa went fishing and brought back some friends.
IMG_0759

This is what we woke up to this morning!
IMG_0766

My parents brought the kids (and dinner) down after their naps today and it was so good to see them. They liked the new carpet and tested it out by immediately dumping out a bunch of toys. Now we're just back into another week! Lucky for me I have tomorrow off! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP