Sunday, January 3, 2016

Christmas...CHECK!

We got home too late for me to do my weekly post last week! And I haven't gotten back to it until now. That of course means I have way more to share than I have room for.

I'd better jump right in. Let's see if I can remember back almost 2 weeks ago.

We celebrated Christmas with our family on the 23rd after our special dinner of Smashburger, requested by Kasper. Kasper is such a nervous little boy I thought he might like to have a worry eater. I found them on Amazon and they're pretty cute! You write down what you're scared of and zip in in the mouth. Then you don't have to worry about it anymore! Kasper named his Bubby.
IMG_9662
I got a selfie stick!
IMG_9668
IMG_9671
IMG_9678
IMG_9690
IMG_9711
IMG_9726
Haha! It's pretty fun.

We headed up to St. Cloud so we could wake up there for Christmas Eve. We did a little cookie baking and went for a walk, stopped at the park. It was nice to not be driving!
IMG_9739

We celebrate Christmas Eve with my family. I don't think I could've waited until Christmas Day as a kid! It took my parents about 12 hours as it was to wash dishes so we could get to the presents. Thankfully our kids don't feel that sense of urgency yet. In fact, they took a bath after dinner!
IMG_9767
IMG_9768

Marlo got some dress up stuff!
IMG_9782

Kasper left a note and snacks for Santa and the reindeer.
IMG_9251

Dreaming of sugarplums.
IMG_9252
IMG_9256

I somehow got up before Kasper Christmas morning so waited for him to find out what Santa left. When he padded out I mentioned that I heard the garage door close overnight so I thought after Santa came down the chimney he went into the garage. I suggested he have a look. He put his hands up to his mouth and fretted before finally having a look in the garage. He was relieved to find only a new bike. I think he honestly thought Santa was still in the garage. "Oh! It's just a bike." We went over to Grandma Sandra's house for breakfast and more presents.
IMG_9799
IMG_9801
IMG_9806
IMG_9812
IMG_9824
She was nuts
IMG_9841
IMG_0121

We went back to my parents house for naps then Grandma Sandra came over for dinner! After dinner we went for a night walk to look at some cool Christmas lights in the neighborhood. Also, Rob got a drone and wanted to fly it and Kasper rode his bike.
IMG_9854
IMG_9274

We got back and were getting the kids to bed when I realized I couldn't find my phone anywhere. I called it and walked all around the house knowing I had had it on the walk. I had to use find my iPhone and found it face down in the snow outside. UGH. It was totally fine but it took about 20 minutes to actually locate. I was made to take a shot and everyone else joined in. I was going to use my selfie stick but I forgot to turn it on. Selfie stick rookie mistake. Thankfully Sandra caught one.
IMG_9863

Steph and I spent the day after Christmas shopping and finding some sweet deals! Marlo didn't take a nap for the first time ever.
IMG_9281

Marlo in my old nightgown which my Mom tells me was my favorite. I don't remember but I do know Marlo LOVED it and didn't want to take it off.
IMG_9873

My parents were kind enough to let us use their house to have a family birthday party for the kids on Sunday.
IMG_9889
IMG_9894
IMG_9896
IMG_9917
IMG_9903
IMG_9925

After the cupcakes we loaded up the car and headed home! We couldn't even fit all of our stuff in the car. My parents had to bring a load down this week. Lois had to sit up in the trunk. It was crazy. It was quiet for awhile in the back seat. When I turned the light on I found out Marlo got in to some of the caramel corn! She's so mischievous.
IMG_9921

We sent the kids to daycare for the week. I know they were looking forward to some of their normal routine. I took most of the week off and did such fun stuff as: take down the Christmas tree, put all the new gifts away, do large loads of laundry. I went to work for a half day Tuesday because I have some cells growing and I would be set back weeks if they died then spent 2 hours at Target getting groceries and other crap. My parents came down Wednesday to move all the stuff out of the downstairs bedroom and paint it in preparation for new carpet! Basically I took the week off to relax and I don't think I did a minute of relaxing. Oh well, I got a ton of stuff done!

Wild wild west day at daycare!
IMG_0430
IMG_0431
IMG_0428
IMG_0429

Daycare was closed Thursday and Friday for New Year's Eve and Day (Which I found out about Tuesday morning. I thought it was only closed Friday!). Kasper got some Lego sets for Christmas which he had a ton of fun building while he had some day to kill.
IMG_9961
IMG_9969
IMG_9982
This one wanted in on the action.
IMG_9975

Sledding on NYE. We spent a lot of time bundling up and GETTING OUTSIDE this long weekend just to tire the kids out and retain some sanity.
DSC_4466.jpg
DSC_4469.jpg
DSC_4474.jpg
DSC_4488.jpg
DSC_4490.jpg
DSC_4492.jpg
DSC_4497.jpg
12.31.15 M sled
DSC_4510.jpg
DSC_4548.jpg
DSC_4551.jpg
DSC_4561.jpg
DSC_4565.jpg
DSC_4571.jpg
DSC_4588.jpg
DSC_4598.jpg
IMG_9988
IMG_9999
IMG_0023
IMG_0034

Marlo also got a worry eater and named him Mubby.
IMG_0075

Comparing worries.
IMG_0114
IMG_0115
(I'm sure Marlo's will stay empty forever. She's not afraid of ANYTHING.)

That time between nap and dinner looks a lot like this. Different combinations of clothes, shoes, toys, etc.
IMG_0131
IMG_0139
Trying to convince Kasper to go pants less.
DSC_4605.jpg
12.31.15 M boot
DSC_4618.jpg

Last night with a 4 year old Kappy.
DSC_4629.jpg
DSC_4634.jpg

Rob and I made it to midnight! We cooked our favorite scallop pasta dish after the kids went to bed then made some lava cakes. We basically just kept eating to stay awake. I went to bed at 12:01 after taking a peek at the newest 5 year old.

Ok! I think that's a good place to stop. Check back later if you want more Williams holiday recap. And I know you do.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP