Cape Town, Day 1
Since it isn't super late and I may have figured out a way to jury-rig some low quality copies of our photos to the blog, I think I will cover Day 1 of Cape Town. As a special treat, I've asked Rob to contribute his thoughts. Those will appear in red. I thought there would be a Del Taco here. Good start, boss.
We have rented a house in the Cape Town suburb of Hout Bay. The owners of the house also own the #1 Trip Advisor B&B place in Cape Town. That place was full, but they had the house, Silverweed. It's basically the bomb. I guess an architect built the house, so it is super interesting and well thought out.
Today, we decided to head down the Cape peninsula to Cape Point. On the way, we drove around Hout Bay.
Driving in our white BMW
Isn't it a beautiful sunny day!? It was awesome to see the sun. Unfortunately, Cape Town is suffering through a major "southeaster" these days. In South Africa, those winds are cool. Our first stop was Cape Point, which is the southern tip of the peninsula. It is where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet, and like two teenagers at a sockhop, reluctantly touch for the first time.
Also down there is the Cape of Good Hope, as seen here behind me.
The mixing. Use your imagination. In this picture are the Atlantic and Indian Oceans. Touching. Bet you thought that would all be red.
Around the Cape peninsula, there are populations of Southern Right Whales. We saw a couple! Apparently they are 80 tons. Hey, everything's bigger in Africa. Speechless.
Our running crew on Cape Point.
From Cape Point, we headed up to Simon's Town. You may have heard of Simon's Town. If not, you've probably heard of the African penguins. If not, you've probably heard of the jackass penguin as they were previously known. If not, you may have watched that Parks and Recreation episode where Leslie Knope married 2 penguins and it turned out they were 2 male penguins and she got in a heap of trouble, etc. Those were African penguins. Although African, they're smaller than most other penguins. How bout that.
First, Boulders Beach. I thought it was named after a Mr. Boulder, but I guess it could be because of the landscape.
Now the penguins. They were silly.
Ok! That's it for today! Hope everyone is doing well! Especially you, Lois.
1 comments:
Long-time reader, first-time poster. Wow, those shots by the coast are beautiful! Also, the Silverweed house looks awesome. I take it all residences in Africa are comparable in quality to this one--yes?
Post a Comment