Thursday, October 29, 2009

Kruger, The Photos, Pt. 1,000,009

Ok, you guys. I am such a blog fail. Sorry!

I guess I'll still be working on Kruger photos. I swear they show up on my screen!

A herd of Cape Buffalo. (I actually spotted these way out in the bush!! I saw some of the horns, then we stopped to look at them for a few minutes before they all stood up and started walking towards us.)


A giraffe. These are so fun to see. Their necks really are as long as they look in photos.


Bad resolution on this one, I guess, but that is a giraffe having some breakfast outside of the car window. He was about 15 feet away and was enormous.


A rhino. Also enormous. We didn't see one up close our first day out, but the second day, we saw 2 - one being right outside the camp gates.

One of my personal favorites out in the bush was the elephants. They (again) were enormous. They are wrinkly and cute, but if you bother them, they will kill you.



Ellies crossing the road. They would just come out from the side of the road and cross. You had to be careful not to split the pack, it makes them very nervous. A lot of the animals had babies and they were so cute.

Elephant bath. Refreshing.

Male kudu. They are the on the logo for Kruger National Park.

Male lion chilling at a watering hole.

It was a very exciting leg of the trip! We are now on to the Cape Town portion, which I will try to post about later. We'll see if I have any luck getting these pictures up!

2 comments:

Unknown October 29, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

The pictures finally came through and were definitely worth the wait, so beautiful.

HobsonsHome November 1, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

Thanks for the Ellie pictures.... and all the others. Your trip looks AMAZING - thanks for sharing!

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP