Sunday, January 16, 2011

2 weeks

Kasper is now 2 weeks old! I can't believe it! Where did those 2 weeks go? Rob has to go back to work tomorrow and I don't think I'm ready to do this alone yet. Wish me luck tomorrow.

Kasper went back to the Dr this week and was up to 7 lb 13 oz. Already an overachiever. We were hoping for his 7 lb 8 oz birth weight. Since he is above his birth weight, we no longer have to wake him up every 2-3 hours, but it seems like that's his schedule anyway. At night, he sleeps for 5 hours, eats, then sleeps for only another 2-3 hours. At this point, we'll take it.

We've spent the week continuing to get adjusted to life with a baby. We eat, nap, cry and repeat. As Kasper is getting older, I do notice that he stays awake and alert a little more each day and is so cute when he's just hanging out.

Let's recap the week in pictures:

Naked butt time in an attempt to help the diaper rash from all the pooping this one does

DSC_0777

He doesn't really mind diaper changes and takes the opportunity to look around and be adorable.

DSC_0857

DSC_0871

I called out "Make a silly face!" for this picture

DSC_0879

More tummy time. His PT Aunt would be so proud

DSC_0914

Hanging out in bed

DSC_0940

Kisses for Mom are "OK!" Actually he is really hungry and trying to eat my face

DSC_0959

Hanging with Grandma

DSC_0963

My serene observer

DSC_0971

His belly button fell off completely yesterday, so today he got his first bath! It went only alright

DSC_0978

All better

DSC_0989

Bath aftermath

DSC_1007

DSC_1011

So... week 2 done! Now onto the next phase - "Papa is gone during the day so let's hope Mama can keep the baby alive." Good thing I have Lois to help me.

1 comments:

Sandra January 16, 2011 at 2:53 PM  

Hi Jess and Robert; I loved the week 2 photos! He's such a doll, but I might be prejudiced a bit. Good luck with week 3 with Rob back at work. You and Lois will get along just fine, Jess!
-- Love, Grandma Sandra

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP