Monday, January 10, 2011

One week: Check.

Somehow we survived 1 week with a newborn! There were a few rough patches in there, but I think we are all making it through and even managing to have a little fun!

For me, not only am I having to adjust to a baby, I'm also having to recover from being pregnant and delivering a baby! Good news is that seems to be going well. So far I have lost half of the weight I gained which is about as much as I can hope for. My Mom was nice enough to tell me she walked out of the hospital wearing her regular clothes. Thanks Mom. I think I gained another 10 lbs in the hospital, I came out more swollen than I ever was. All other healing is also going well, I'm sure you were wondering, but I know I'm not ready to take another trip to Target for awhile.

We haven't gotten into any real routines yet. It's basically eat, sleep, poop. Kasper is an ok feeder. He's what can be classified as an "excited ineffective" nurser. He gets himself so worked up trying to get on there and then frustrated to have to wait for food. It's getting better, but it was pretty difficult for awhile. We are dealing with some choking and spit up issues, but those are also getting better. At the pediatrician last Friday, the boy was back up to his discharge weight. We still need to get up to his birth weight before we can stop waking him every 2-3 hours to feed. The man sleeps so much, I don't know if he'll ever wake up on his own.

DSC_0613

Besides trying to get some sleep when we can, we are enjoying Kasper's company very much. He is a sweet baby. He's very serene and spends a good amount of awake time just looking around. He doesn't fuss much - yet.

Hopefully we are able to spend week 2 doing more of the same. Rob goes back to work next Monday and I will miss him terribly. We were lucky he got to be home 2 weeks.

Now for some pictures...

Laying down on the job

DSC_0549

Swaddled baby

DSC_0638

Tummy time! Or "I'm just going to eat my arm until you come over here and get me."

DSC_0694

DSC_0744

Baby wearing!

DSC_0596

I don't know if you can tell that there's a baby in there or not. I am really liking the Moby wrap! It's nice to have him close but have both arms free. He's nice and snug and I think he likes it!

Family

DSC_0532

There you have it! Week one is over and everyone is still living and maybe even thriving a bit. Week 2 brings another pediatrician visit for a weight check and lots of baby snuggling.

2 comments:

JDub January 11, 2011 at 10:23 AM  

He is soooo cute!!!! I can't believe it!!! I will show Grandma tomorrow night at church.

And I see you've been hitting up Baby Gap...I like :)

Mattson Family January 12, 2011 at 9:32 PM  

Enjoy every moment... even the rough ones. Before you know it he'll be 2 and you wonder where those tiny baby days went....=)
He is beautiful, congratulations to your little family.

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP