20 weeks
What is with the weather in MN this Spring?? I think I can count the number of nice days on one hand. It stormed all night and has been raining/storming/tornadoeing all day.
This week went so fast and yet it seems like last weekend was forever ago. After his terrible night Saturday, I decided Sunday he would start sleeping in his own room. I didn't know when we were going to make the transition but I reasoned that if he wasn't going to be sleeping well anyway, why not make the move. He slept through the night Sunday and every night since (knock on wood). He started in his Rock and Play since it was a familiar bed in an unfamiliar room but on Thursday he spent the entire night in his crib. I can't believe how well he took to the move! He is usually broken out of the swaddle by the morning and on his side, but he's able to sleep so I'll take it.
The first couple days of the week were terrible. Kasper still wasn't sleeping at daycare and then he decided he wasn't going to eat either. He would eat maybe 6 ounces during the day then would sleep when we got home from 5 pm until 6 am. I never got to see him and he was clearly not enjoying life. He constantly had these red spots all over his face and mouth. I thought maybe it was allergies but he would get them even if he hadn't just eaten. Yadda, yadda, yadda it was a bad start to the week.
Can you see the poor face?
On Wednesday I asked again (I had asked before) if they would swaddle K for naps. I was told they weren't allowed to because of licensing rules but I could make a special request. I made the request, they swaddled him, he took 3-1 hour naps. He was even in a good mood when we got home and didn't whine to go to bed. I had baby class Wednesday night and was still at my peak anxiety about the whole daycare sitch so was pretty negative. Little did I know it was about to get worlds better. Since they swaddle him, he takes nice long naps and he drinks just about all the milk I send. I don't know if it was just an adjustment period for everyone or if it was really the swaddling but things are good. He's much more pleasant in the evenings, so I get to have some time with him.
We even spent some time outside one day after work!
His face started to clear up and he almost never has spots on his face unless he has been gnawing on his hands a bunch. Sadly I think it was stress. It breaks my heart to think that the poor kid was probably super stressed out about everything and it made him break out in hives. It seems like he is now getting used to daycare and all the stimulation and is feeling a lot more comfortable.
The feet now go in the mouth when the diaper is off
The whole week, it seemed like Kasper was SO CLOSE to rolling over from his tummy to his back. He would get his butt up into the air and throw it over to the side but his arm was in the way!
On Friday, Steph came over for pizza and K rolled over for real. TWICE! FINALLY! I have been waiting for him to reach this milestone for awhile because I felt like he has been so close! He can also scoot a little on his tummy to reach a toy. Here he is rolling today. He does it pretty much every time you put him on his tummy now.
My Mom's birthday was on Thursday so the kids and Dad surprised her with a day at the spa down here in Minneapolis! She had a mani/pedi, 1 hour massage, facial, hair style and lunch. Steph, Kasper and I joined her for lunch. Kasper went through some pictures with her.
After her spa day, Steph dropped her off with my Dad and they had dinner at Kincaid's and stayed at a hotel in St. Paul. Doesn't that sound like a great day??
We spent the weekend doing basically whatever we wanted! We had an open house Saturday while K and I were out to lunch then shopping with my sister. Rob took the dog for a nice long run in the rain. We grilled out Saturday night and sat outside for the first time this year. Kasper did lots and lots of rolling. He is also practicing sitting up but isn't there on his own yet.
I managed to take a bunch of pictures.
I have to include this video as well. One funny thing K started to do this week is chew on his tongue when he's hungry. I think we'd better start food soon. He seems clearly ready for it.
I would like to think that all of the struggles we have gone through these past few weeks were the result of Wonder Week 19. They say it lasts from 14.5 to 19.5 weeks and sure enough at 19.5 weeks (Wednesday) Kasper was a different baby. Sleeping, eating, mastering tons of new (BIG) skills. I'll just assume the Wonder Week is over and will enjoy my happy baby until 22.5 weeks when he starts to notice relationships. Can you say "Stranger Danger"?
Kasper says "HAVE A GREAT WEEK!"
Week 20 - Rolling, chewing, sleeping, oh my!
2 comments:
Hi all; I'm so glad good things have happened with Kasper this week -- sleeping in his own bed; taking good naps at day care; eating a lot at day care; rolling over -- wow! the list goes on and on! Have a good week!
-- Love, Grandma Sandra
It sounds like things are smoothing out, and I'm so happy to hear it! :)
XOXOXO
Post a Comment