Sunday, May 8, 2011

Week 18 - Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mamas out there! Today is my first Mother's Day as a Mother and I am loving it! I love being Mama to Kasper every day.

So, I went back to work this week. As I said before, the anticipation of returning to work was a million times worse than actually going back. I have been enjoying work and starting new projects. Unfortunately I do have a little bit of Mom-brain so I am slightly dumber than when I left. When does your mind come back??

Kasper spent Monday - Wednesday with Rob. Rob came down with a cold on Monday that lasted all week so I don't think that he enjoyed the time as much as he would have healthy.

Here are some peeks of Rob and Kasper's time together:

Dressed in a muscle tee
DSC_0115

Playing with his puppy
DSC_0190
DSC_0200

Rob dressed the baby to be outside
DSC_0215
DSC_0217
DSC_0222
DSC_0225

Cute baby in a bumbo chair. (These are a little orange, but I don't have time anymore to do any editing.)
DSC_0137
DSC_0135
DSC_0142
DSC_0150
DSC_0154
DSC_0176
DSC_0178

On Thursday, Sandra came down to watch the boy. It sounds like they had a great time together! Friday, Steph watched Kasper in the morning and afternoon then my Mom came down to help. Rob and I got out for a sushi date night on Friday which was so nice! It was beautiful on Friday and we were able to sit out on the patio for dinner.

Even though I enjoy working during the day, I do miss my time with my boy. I try to get home around 4 to get a couple hours with him. I hope when he starts at daycare tomorrow he doesn't come home too exhausted and crabby. I'm sure he'll be a little overstimulated. In fact, I think even having me gone during the day has been messing with him a little. He hasn't been sleeping the best and wakes up 2-3 times a night instead of the 1 time he has been doing. Hopefully it's just an adjustment to the new schedule.

Chilling in the "tub." I think we might have to move him to the actual bath tub soon since he's getting too big for the sink!
DSC_0356

One fun thing that happened this week was that Kasper really got ahold of his feet! He has trouble grabbing them with his big diaper on, but when the diaper is off, his hands are grabbing the toes.
DSC_0261
DSC_0266
DSC_0270
DSC_0277

He still can't get them into his mouth, but I don't think it'll take much longer.

We had a showing at 9 am yesterday, Saturday. We got the house all cleaned and headed to Jamba Juice for some oatmeal for breakfast. Kasper was such a good baby and made friends with everyone in the store. He is very social.
DSC_0381

What you don't see is that I had pink and blue striped baby legs on him with this brown and red outfit. I put them on in the morning to be funny and by the time we had to rush out the door, I didn't have time to change them!

So we had the showing at 9 then had a party to go to at 10:30. We didn't get time to shower or change or make a pasta salad before 9 so we decided we would run home quick to do those things. We pulled up to the house a little after 10 and THERE WAS AN OPEN HOUSE AT OUR HOUSE! We knew there was going to be one but didn't know when it would be. We were shocked. Luckily no one was there at the time so we ran in, changed, and grabbed the salad ingredients. What luck.

The party was at the house of one of my Amma Mammas. Even though it was Mother's Day weekend, all 9 of us, with our husbands and babies made it! I hadn't seen many of the babies for a long time and they all looked so BIG! Like real babies! Everyone brought delicious foods and we met the Dads and mingled. It was a lot of fun and a beautiful day. We wanted to get a picture of all the babies since we were all there. Up until this point, Kasper was ready to party. He was in such a good mood and smiling. I laid him down on the blanket for the picture...

Going...
DSC_0391

Going...
DSC_0392

Gone...
DSC_0393

Yep. He did the silent red faced cry as soon as I laid him down. Nice. Then for the rest of the pictures, he flailed around and hit his friends while he sobbed.
DSC_0394
DSC_0398
DSC_0405

Moms and babies
DSC_0418

After the photo incident, Kasper was done and we left to head up to St. Cloud.
DSC_0426

It was such a beautiful day yesterday! It was awesome to be able to sit outside and enjoy the sun. After a couple naps, Kasper was back to his usual happy self. Cue another developmental milestone. Kasper found his nose!
DSC_0435

All of a sudden, he couldn't keep his fingers off his nose. It was hilarious! He would be cross-eyed looking at his fingers and would touch and feel the nose. I think he's getting his pincer grip because since he found his nose, he likes to feel his lips and chin and tounge, etc. So funny.
DSC_0433
DSC_0438
DSC_0446
DSC_0449

Then Lois allowed Kasper to be near her and even touch her a couple times.
DSC_0481
DSC_0501

So tomorrow Kasper starts at daycare. I know he'll be fine and I'm so glad we found a place that I am so comfortable with. I'm sure I'll be thinking about him extra hard tomorrow, but I'll get to see him at 4 so I think I can make it. Maybe I'll be too busy blowing my nose to miss him. I caught Rob's cold and it sucks.

Anyway, that was our week. I'm too sick and exhausted to write more. Think good thoughts for Kasper tomorrow! And us too.

DSC_0509
DSC_0542

Week 18 - More developmental leaps, the beginning of our new normal, why won't the house sell already?

1 comments:

Erin May 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM  

I don't think your brain ever goes back to normal... I still have a hard time concentrating, 15+ months later, sadly. That may be because of other motivation issues, but it's still true!

Hope the first day at daycare goes ok - glad to hear you found a place!

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP