Sunday, August 19, 2012

Farmer Kasper

Kasper had a big week this week! On Monday he started his transition to the toddler room. Sigh. We drop him off in the infant room and at 9:30 he and the rest of his friends that are transitioning head to the new room. This allows them to participate in some of the craft activities and play time with the big kids. They stay until 12:30 so they also eat lunch with the big kids and miss the morning nap in the infant room. As HARD as it'll be to leave his current room, I know he's ready to move. There's only 1 teacher left from when he started and he's pretty attached to her. I know she's going to miss him terribly as well. He transitions this week as well and a week from tomorrow he starts full time in the toddler room.

I talked to his teachers in the new room every day and as the week went on, it sounded like Kasper did better and better. He needed a paci the whole first day but by Wednesday he didn't need it. One fun thing about the transition - crafts!
8.13.12 K art
DSC_0476.jpg
I mean, come on. How cute. He apparently glued all those little squares on. One silly things about the crafts - I guess he doesn't like to get his hands dirty with finger paints or anything! Ha! It was "school" week at daycare so each day the craft project had to do with school and they also learned Spanish words for school stuff.

It was sort of a big change for the guy. I'm glad they do it little by little and he has a friend to go over to the toddler room with otherwise I think it would be pretty traumatic. He did seem like a bigger guy this week.
DSC_0519.jpg
DSC_0544.jpg
Untitled
8.13.12 K banana

I spent Wednesday at a taping for the Choo Choo Bob Show! My boss is a train fan and has bought in to the business. He goes to most of the tapings and invited the lab.
At a taping of the Choo Choo Bob show!
Untitled
It was so fun and so different from what we do every day! Maybe I haven't mentioned it but I am a scientist so I work in a lab. Nothing like working on a TV show. I came home laden with DVDs, CDs and books for Kasper and he LOVES the show. (For you MN people, you can watch the show on KSTC at 9 am Saturdays but it shows in other cities as well.)

Big this week - JUMPING! Kasper thinks he's an awesome jumper but he doesn't realize he doesn't even get off the ground. He starts jumping which turns into dancing ("baila!").


I also got a couple funny videos during bathtime Friday. Check out his throwing effort face.




I wish I got it on video, but Kasper has been mimicking us like crazy lately. His favorite phrase? "NO BARKING" when Lois barks. I don't know that we even say that but he's started saying it. Also "It's hot" about the grill or stove. There's also a running commentary about clothes and car colors. "Blue car, elmo car, verde shirt, etc.).

Yesterday morning when we woke up it was downright chilly outside! We got to wear sweatshirts and slippers! And Kasper has a cold so it felt a lot like winter! Must be the new germs in the new room.
DSC_0553.jpg
8.18.12 K newspaper

We had waffles for breakfast with rhubarb strawberry compote my co-worker made. Kasper ate it up! I'm so glad he has a somewhat adventurous palate. (See his poor nose?)
DSC_0589.jpg
This week I started something new at meal time since it was getting to be a battle at dinner to get him to eat ANYTHING. I get a bowl and put whatever we're having for dinner as well as some frozen peas/corn, cheese and fruit. When I present a bunch of foods, including dessert, he ends up eating almost everything! He's also getting toddler lunches at school which apparently he's gobbling up. This week they had spaghetti with veggies, turkey and mashed potatoes, taquitos and SPLIT PEA SOUP. He ate all of it. Even for pizza Friday night we got greek pizza with feta, artichokes, olives and he ate it.
8.12.12 K table

We finally made it to the zoo yesterday! We've been meaning to go all summer but it just never happened.
DSC_0597.jpg
DSC_0601.jpg
DSC_0616.jpg
DSC_0628.jpg
DSC_0625.jpg
8.18.12 prairie dog

We walked down to the farm which was so fun. This was a HUGE bull. Kasper was pretty interested in him. I asked him what he said and he said "Mooooooo". Classic.
DSC_0632.jpg

Then we went into the goat area. Guess who kissed all the goats he could reach and basically had the best time ever?
DSC_0634.jpg
DSC_0636.jpg
DSC_0640.jpg
DSC_0642.jpg
DSC_0644.jpg
DSC_0647.jpg

This afternoon we headed East to WI to go to a picnic at my boss' farm. Kasper had such a great time! He rode a caballo, sat on a tractor and jumped in a bouncey house. He was in heaven!
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
He was riding around and screaming "CABALLO!" as loud as he could. He was so excited.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Hope everyone had a great week! We have a short week - Rob and I are headed up North to go camping! We're leaving the boy home so it'll be nice to get away for a bit.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP