Old friends
What a fun week we had!
We did some playing earlier this week one night before dinner. Lois had a great time.
I was also able to capture one of his frustrated fits. I'm not sure what this one was for. Maybe he couldn't turn a page in a book?
Here we go. Got it open. He also gets super frustrated if he is repeating a word over and over and over and you don't repeat it over after him each time. Tomorrow on your way to work imagine someone saying "truck" every 2 seconds in the back seat. It gets old.
Friday evening Kasper's daycare had a BIG party to celebrate their 10 year anniversary. They gave all the kids soccer jerseys, had 3 bounce houses, clowns, a mariachi band and TONS of amazing food. It was crazy.
We grabbed a plate of food and had a seat in the grass. Next thing we know, Kasper's old friend from my new mom group sat down!! I actually wouldn't have recognized him, I saw his Mom. They are so grown up!
This was probably the last time Kasper and Charlie saw each other! (He's the little one on the left with the light blue top)
Yesterday was a rare day with no plans. We started the morning right with waffles and drawing on the new chalkboard wall!
Kasper started to get wild in the late morning so we put him down for a "bonus" nap. He slept for 3 hours! Ha! It kind of shifted what we were planning for the day but we got some work done in the workshop and Kasper got some sleep that he needed so it was ok. We had lunch when he woke up and a cookie for dessert.
Even covered in chocolate, this is one freaking adorable kid.
Oh! While eating cookies, Kasper whined for more. I asked him to say please and he rubbed his belly. Rob and I had to look it up and it turns out that's the correct sign for please! They must do it at daycare - I had no idea he knew please! Time to drill in polite manners.
Today we got up, stopped for doughnuts and headed up to Maple Grove to meet some friends from high school for a picnic.
We ran up and down a big hill to stretch our legs after the car ride.
Bethany was in town from New York and set the whole thing up. We miss her.
It was so nice to see everyone! I hadn't seen people since a wedding about this time last summer. I hadn't even met a couple of these kiddos yet! We grilled, ran around, visited the enormous playground, picked up every gross thing we found on the ground... basically just had a ball!
We brought our wagon to go for a walk before the picnic as well as lug stuff from the car. It was a HIT! I think it was used the whole time. Loved it.
I wanted to get a picture of all the kids. This was how the first few turned out. Any guess who the squirrely one was??
Success! Cute group, huh?
Have a good week!
0 comments:
Post a Comment