Smelling the flowers
This is going to be a long one this week. Kasper was just too cute - I couldn't help myself!
It all started with some naked butt pictures. After Rob got him ready for his bath, he rain into his room and was "hiding". When we act like we can't see him, K really believes he's hidden. It's adorable. Here he was hiding by closing his own eyes.
Then he hopped on the chair for some naked reading.
He continued to be adorable all week.
Kasper started stacking some toys one night so I went and got out his wooden blocks. He LOVED them!
Homeboy can stack 9 blocks! Who knew??
We headed up to St. Cloud Friday afternoon to see my Grandma Meier who was visiting from Sioux Falls. We celebrated by having freezies.
The weekend was nice and relaxing! We did a lot of playing outside, looking at the gardens, throwing a ball around, etc. I brought some rhubarb home so Mom and Grandma made rhubarb pie.
Grandma and Kasper spent some time on the deck Saturday morning smelling flowers. I guess Grandma leaned down, smelled a flower and said "Mmmmm." I'll be darned if Kasper didn't go out there hours later and "smell" each flower on the deck!
Pollen lips
Kasper really got in to saying Grandma and Grandpa this weekend. He used both correctly and often. He even knew Great Grandma! It's super cute to hear him say new words in his little baby voice. He was also playing with my sister with 2 foam apples and she was trying to get him to count them. The next day he saw her picture and said "Steph. Dos apples." Ha! He also ran off to find the apples to show her.
Kasper was hungry before lunch we so had a little snack.
My Mom was cutting rhubarb and he requested some. I gave him a handful thinking he would spit it out. He LOVED it and ate a bunch for his snack. This is the same child that doesn't like pasta or chicken nuggets or any normal kid foods. He'll just have some raw rhubarb, thankyouverymuch.
Isn't he adorable?
Ok, one last photo barrage.
Sigh. He's getting so big.
Do these remind you of something??
My Mom found this little Buzz Lightyear towel somewhere and I got a kick out of it.
Kasper loved it and tried jumping a bunch while he wore it. It was funny.
This morning we got up, had breakfast, did a little shopping and headed home. Kasper was so hungry for breakfast he asked to sit at the table before breakfast was ready. He also asked to put his bib on. He apparently thinks if he's sitting at the table and has a bib on food will appear.
He eventually got breakfast. He ate a TON this weekend. He hasn't been eating much at home but he ate every meal and even had some good snacks. I don't know what was different. Maybe he's hinting that Grandma makes better food than Mama.
Fun week and fun weekend! Kasper is just getting so big. There seemed to be a HUGE leap when he turned one and I think there's been another one. He can talk and follow directions. He is a pleasant kid with a sense of humor. Love that boy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment