Happy Equinox
I'm going to make it short tonight. Or - I'm going to try to make it short tonight!
We had a fun week over here in our neck of the woods. It's been nice and cool which has meant warmer clothes and enjoying the autumnal air now that fall is officially here.
We also did some playing around. Kasper has become a HUGE mimicker. Anything we do or say he's copying us. Apparently we use the following statements often: "Come on", "Oh guy", "I know". He can point out when he's been naughty or a good boy buy stating "Nonny!" "No nonny" and "gooboy." One new favorite - "Aye aye aye!" He's still way into singing his ABC's so we sing it on the way to daycare, on the drive home, at the dinner table, in the bath, getting ready for bed, etc. His favorite part is "W, X, Y and Z. Now I know my ...." then it goes downhill a bit.
This picture was so dark but it was too hilarious not to at least try to take a pic of. Kasper was having so much fun being in Rob's shirt.
Friday was Crazy Hair Day at daycare. We did our best to do a mohawk but I think his hair is too long. (See the crossed fingers?)
Friday for lunch a couple of people from work and I went downtown to have lunch at one of the food trucks that park there. I ended up getting an arepa which was like a sandwich between cornmeal patties. OMG. One of the best things I've eaten in awhile. I'm SO glad we did that.
They put glitter and colored spray in the kids hair during the day but K's was pretty tame. I actually LOVED the way his hair looked Friday. He looked so cute.
Playing around with Aunt Steph
Rob and I left bright and early yesterday morning to make the drive to Sioux Falls. One of Rob's co-workers was getting married in SW Minnesota and her reception was in Sioux Falls. We went straight to my Grandma's where she had made us a delicious lunch! We went to the wedding and reception, stopping at a small town bar in between and got to hang out with some regulars. Oh boy. The reception was fun - good food, a live band. Grandma made a big breakfast with her famous caramel rolls and fried eggs before we headed back to the Cities. I didn't bring my camera so I don't have many pictures from the weekend but here are a couple - mostly from the drives. We saw some nice fall colors down there!
Hope everyone had a great week and weekend!
0 comments:
Post a Comment