Sunday, September 9, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

I'm going to start this week's post with last weekend. I didn't write after Kasper's 20 month update and have some photos from the long holiday weekend to share.

Last Saturday we ran a couple errands in the morning then met our friends for breakfast. It was a pretty lazy day after that, which was fine with us.

Sunday morning I made buttermilk pancakes with apples and chunks of cream cheese for breakfast. SO.GOOD. It was the type of morning we so look forward to.
9.2.12 K and L
DSC_0023.jpg
DSC_0026.jpg
DSC_0029.jpg
DSC_0037.jpg
DSC_0063.jpg

After breakfast we piled into the car and headed to the Arboretum. I know you've all been wondering if we'd been lately!! It had been awhile but it was still awesome.
DSC_0066.jpg
(Kasper has been really in to wearing a hat and sunglasses outside. I remember when he wanted nothing to do with either.)
DSC_0076.jpg
DSC_0079.jpg
DSC_0082.jpg
DSC_0086.jpg
DSC_0108.jpg
DSC_0140.jpg
DSC_0149.jpg
DSC_0163.jpg

Kasper is down to 1 nap a day but I have to admit that it doesn't make day planning any easier. We basically have to do everything we want to do before noon (and keep him awake if we're in the car) then we have lunch and Kasper sleeps for at least 3 hours. Needless to say, our mornings are pretty packed.

Sunday night Grandpa Steve and Carol came over for dinner. Kasper is in love with Carol and wants to be as close to her as he can at all times. It's pretty funny. They are heading off on more adventures so it was nice to see them before they leave.
DSC_0183.jpg

Monday was Labor Day so we had another day of fun! It was a super nice day so we headed over to the pool in Steph's building. Kasper is such a little fish. He LOVES the water.
Untitled
Untitled
After nap:
DSC_0187.jpg
DSC_0201.jpg
DSC_0213.jpg

On Monday afternoon, Rob and I headed up to St. Cloud for a Celebration of Life ceremony for our good childhood friend Karlie. She was killed in a car accident a couple weeks ago in Oregon. It was a very painful loss for both of us. We actually met up with Karlie and her husband when we were out in Washington in 2009. I'm so, so thankful we did.
IMG_3043

Wednesday was "Career Day" at daycare. Kasper went as a soccer player. And he learned a new face which slays me. The sound that goes with it is "Eeeeeeeee"
9.5.12 K face
9.5.12 K face 2
Also Wednesday I was making dinner and assumed Kasper was entertaining himself with the items in the tupperware drawer. Then it was quiet.
DSC_0284.jpg
Of course I took a million pictures before helping him out of the drawer.

Cute boy
DSC_0306.jpg

Kasper has been crossing his fingers a lot lately. It's usually the right hand pinky and ring finger and then left hand pointer and middle. Usually at the same time. So weird.
DSC_0331.jpg
DSC_0339.jpg
DSC_0346.jpg
DSC_0349.jpg
DSC_0359.jpg

This post is long enough so I'll write about this weekend later. Hopefully I don't get too far behind. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP